A new Plex iOS v4.5 update has brought some great features to iOS: A new search interface and 3D Touch actions. Read on for more information!
Note- Make sure you enter our holiday giveaway in conjunction with 24 Days of Plex Tips – If you haven’t yet, you can enter it here. Let’s get straight into Plex Sonos.
The Plex Media Player for Apple devices (Plex iOS) has been updated to v4.5 with some new features. In addition to improve search functionality and visibility, the add-on has new 3D Touch actions, Voiceover support, and other cool features. Check out the list below.
Plex iOS v4.5 Change Log
- Search is now easily accessible from the home screen.
- New search UI and support for searching multiple servers at once.
- Added a 3D Touch action to access Search in your current server.
- Chapter Selection View was redesigned.
- Album reviews are shown in the Album Details screen.
- Improve VoiceOver support
- Added system’s now-playing information for videos.
- Added Context Menu for items in Playlist screen.
- Videos uploaded with Camera Upload will preserve their edits
- Playback Settings View was redesigned.
- Subtitles are shown for Episodes in Browse Grid and List Views.
- TV Show overviews were hidden when selecting from the Browse View.
- Added specific error message for servers that don’t support sync.
- Tapping (···) button in TV Show screen should show the context menu for that TV Show.
- Edit button in Playlist screen stayed selected when the player is dismissed.
- Add to Watch Later dialog will not show until you’ve picked selected a user or for managed users.
- Video Subtitle format is shown in the Subtitle Selection screen.
- Added warning mesages when syncing is not posible due to Storage Limit.
- Camera Roll items can now be displayed on remote players.
- App could crash under some circumstances.
- Fixed animation on toast alerts on Plex iOS 10.
- Fixed an issue preventing managed users from selecting a library for Camera Upload.
- Prevent trying to browse synced content by folder which never displayed anything.
- Continue Watching title didn’t responded to selection gestures.
- Improve errors displayed from Streaming Brain
- App would sometimes crash if Photos access was revoked after enabling Camera Upload.
- Deleting the last synced item on a server as a managed user will no longer result in an error.
- Servers may incorrectly be shown as online after switching to airplane mode.
- Relay was incorrectly offered as a connection recovery suggestion when the device is offline.
- All devices briefly appeared as offline when opening the location menu.