Install Plex for Fire TV and Fire TV Stick by Amazon today and access your Plex media content from your Amazon device anywhere on your home network.
Check out the app to install Plex for Fire TV (and Fire TV Stick) today. The Plex app for Amazon includes a ton of nice features, which are listed below. The app allows you to view your Plex media anywhere your Amazon box is.
The Plex for Fire TV app works on all generations of Fire TVs with the Amazon App Store included. Plex just announced their new generation of Fire TV, which will include Plex support as well.
Check out the features available on the Fire TV app below.
Plex For Fire TV Features
Note that some features below are free and some are premium. Premium features require a Plex Pass subscription in order to work for you. Plex Pass is a one-time subscription fee which gives you access to beta and premium features.
- Any Format – Support for all file types (well, virtually all), including hi-fi music and video formats. (Free and Premium)
- Available Anywhere – Stream all of your media to all your devices, anytime, anywhere, with the same beautiful experience on all of them. (iOS, Android, and Windows apps require a one-time unlock fee for full playback – Free and Premium)
- Library Organisation – Organize all of your media–videos, photos, and music–and make it beautiful with artwork and info like plot summaries, bios, and more. (Free and Premium)
- Privacy and Security – Enjoy your media while away from home, knowing your connection is securely encrypted. (Free and Premium)
- Sharing – Effortlessly share libraries among friends to all discover and enjoy even more content together. (Free and Premium)
- Recommendations and Discovery – Enjoy beautifully organized libraries that help you find and re-discover great gems in your collection. (Free and Premium)
- Plex Channels Support – Get online content from various sources, like TED Talks, NPR, Spike, Comedy Central, and Soundcloud, right in Plex. (Free and Premium)
- Remote Control – Use the Plex app on your phone or tablet to control any Plex player. (Free and Premium)
- Flinging – Start content on one device and fling it to another app to continue enjoying it. (Free and Premium)
- 4K Support – With four times as many pixels as 1080p, Plex looks that much more gorgeous on your 4K supported TV. (Free and Premium)
- Media Optimizer – Create optimized versions of your media for seamless streaming on whichever device you choose. (Free and Premium)
- Watch Later – Save online videos to watch later or recommend videos to a friend. (Free and Premium)
- Plex DVR – Record free broadcast TV channels and watch your favorite HD shows, movies, news, and sports on any device, anywhere in the world. Management of Plex DVR only available on the Plex Web App. (Premium)
- Cloud Sync – Sync content from your library to supported cloud storage providers to enjoy even if your server is offline. (Premium)
- Lyrics (Karaoke Mode) – See timed lyrics to your favorite songs when available. (Premium)
- Mood Mix – Find tracks in your collection based on mood to help you wake up, wind down, and everything in between. (Premium)
- Plex Mix – Kick off playback of similar tracks from your collection at any time — it’s like your own personal radio station. (Premium)
- Premium Music – Enjoy lyrics, automatic Plex Mix and Mood Mix playlists based on mood or similar tracks, and premium metadata matching for high quality art, album reviews, artist bios and more! (Premium)
- Multiple Users – Create customized, managed accounts, and make user switching fast and easy with Plex Home. (Premium)
- Parental Controls – Enable parental controls to keep the kids away from inappropriate content.
- Trailers and Extras – Automatically see high quality movie trailers, cast interviews, and other extras for movies in your library.
Check out the install guide for Plex for Fire TV below:
How to Install Plex For Fire TV & Fire TV Stick
- Launch the Amazon App Store from the main menu of your Amazon Fire Box.
- Using the search bar or your Alexa voice-controlled remote, enter Plex and hit search.
- Click on the Plex App (it should be first) and then click the Install button.
- When the install is done, Plex will be found in your Apps section.