Access full Plex DVR support through a new partnership between Plex and HD HomeRun! Record and watch live TV on Plex wherever you are.
October 6th Update: Plex DVR has received a few new features:
- You can now enable or disable all channels on the mapping screen.
- Plex remembers the last recording section/location by type (Sports, News, etc)
- Now you see cast images on show and movie screens.
Plex has announced that they have teamed up with HDHomeRun to bring a full DVR option to Plex. In addition to the ability to play your video content on any device and an easy-to-use interface with meta information, Plex DVR comes with these features:
- A full program guide with all of your local channels: The guide highlights different categories and even recommends upcoming TV based on your viewing habits and library content.
- Easy setup: Plex DVR features work instantly with HDHomeRun to identify your channels and integrate with tuners and antennas.
- Access content both online and offline: Content recorded on Plex DVR can be saved for viewing later when you don’t have internet access.
- HD picture quality: TV signals received through HD antennas are better than the quality of cable and satellite, giving you uncompressed, high definition broadcast.
SiliconDust is the creator of HDHomeRun, a popular line of tuners. Users simply plugin their tuner into their home network and any digital antenna and you can immediately start to record.
Plex DVR is available in beta form to all Plex Pass subscribers. Plex Pass is a subscription service that gives you premium features. If you want to read more about what Plex Pass gives you, click here to go to our guide.
To check out SiliconDust’s line of products, click here to go to their official website.
Have you connected HDHomeRun to Plex to use the new Plex DVR features? We want to hear how it went! Get in touch with us on Twitter and Facebook or by commenting below so that we can pass on your feedback.