Install the Plex iOS client on your iPhone or iPad hardware today and access your entire Plex library on the Apple iOS.
The Plex iOS client, similar to Android, is one of the most popular and most updated Plex clients available today. Use the app for iPhone or iPad today and view your Plex Media Server content on any of your Apple devices.
The Plex iOS client contains a ton of nice features designed to make it easy for you to stream Plex on iPhone or iPad, including:
- Support for any media format.
- Stream your content anywhere you are, even if you aren’t connected to your home network. NOTE: This feature either requires a Plex Pass account or a one-time payment on iOS in order to stream video longer than 1 minute.
- Organize all your media with metadata such as plot, information, posters, and more.
- Share libraries amongst friends for even more content and selection.
- Use the Plex app on your phone to control your Apple TV client.
- Flinging support. Start content on one device and fling it instantly to another.
- Customized recommendations and discovery tailored to your media library.
- Support for online Plex channels including content from TED, NPR, Spike, Comedy Central, Soundcloud, and more
- 4K support
Plex iOS Client Premium Features
If you are a Plex Pass subscriber, you also get access to even more great features:
- Live TV for free (digital antenna required)
- Photo albums
- Plex Cloud – Store media in the cloud and away from your home network
- Plex DVR recording
- Premium music playlists – Enjoy Plex Mix and Plex Mood playlists customized for you.
- Plex News – Local news coverage
- Multiple user support
- Parental controls
If you are interested in installing the Plex iOS Client, use our guide below to set things up:
How to Install Plex iOS Client – iPhone or iPad
- From your Apple device, launch the App Store icon. If you haven’t signed into an account on your device yet, sign in or create an account.
- Once you are at the home screen of the store, click the search bar and search for Plex.
- Click on the Plex logo to enter the app’s page and click on the Get button. After it is done downloading, the Plex app will be on your iOS home screen.
- Launch the Plex App. The first time you do so, click the Sign In button and log in with your Plex media credentials (same as your server).
The Plex iOS client is developed natively for the Apple ecosystem, which means you’ll have responsive and well-designed pages.