Note- Make sure you enter our holiday giveaway in conjunction with 24 Days of Plex Tips – If you haven’t yet, you can enter it here. Let’s get straight into the Plex NFL
Do you enjoy watching the latest game? If you do, Plex NFL is for you! Maintained by 41john, Plex NFL has loads of content, from NFL Now, NFL.com/videos and loads of archived matches. So, should we get onto the features?
Plex NFL Features
According to the forum post Plex NFL can:
- Videos from nfl.com/videos
- Videos from NFL Now
- Archived games from 2012 onwards (full length or condensed) for gamepass or gamepass US subscribers
- Archived NFL Redzone channel from 2012 onwards for gamepass subscribers
- Archived NFL Network shows from 2013 onwards for gamepass subscribers
- Live gamepass games for gamepass subscribers#
- Live stream of NFL Network TV channel for gamepass subscribers*
- Live stream of NFL Redzone TV channel for gamepass subscribers*
* Only on clients that support encrypted HLS streams. If you don’t know what HLS Streaming is, don’t worry, you don’t need too. But, these are clients that definetly support HLS Streaming.
– Plex Media Player
– Plex Samsung Smart Hub (2011 or later)
– Plex/Android (Seems dependant on certain settings and version of android so make sure you are up to date. Also try turning off experimental player in plex android settings)
– Plex/Amazon Fire TV
– Plex Client in Windows Store
Does any other clients support it that we haven’t mentioned? If so, make sure you let us know by tweeting us through Our Twitter
So, do you want to know how to install this?
Plex NFL Install Guide
- Open up the Plex Web, or your client of choice.
- Navigate to the channels area
- Click “INSTALL CHANNELS”
- Then go to the Categories area
- NowClick on Sports
- Click on NFL, then click on install.
As you know, or if you don’t, I don’t understand how the NFL works, so if you could put that down in the comments it’d be great
Be sure to…
What you think of Plex NFL? Be sure to let us know on our Facebook or Twitter? If not, let us know why! It’d be great if you could subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email in the subscription box on our homepage!