TwitchTV is a great platform for all kinds of video-game streaming. Ranging from your neighbor streaming himself playing Dota 2- to the worldwide E-Sports championships. If you enjoy watching Twitch, Plex TwitchTV is a necessary addition to your Plex Media Server.
Plex TwitchTV Features
Obviously Plex TwitchTV let’s you watch TwitchTV at source quality, but what else does it do?
- Quality Selection
- Past Broadcasts/Highlights support
- View followed channels
- Search Streams, Channels or Games
- It can also play Subscriber only VODs
Now, this all sounds great, but what if it doesn’t work on my client- I hear you ask, don’t fret though, this channel has been tested working on:
- Plex Media Server on Windows
- Plex Media Server on Linux
- Plex Home Theater Windows 8.1/10
- Plex on Android
- Plex on iOS
- Plex Media Player
- Does not work on Plex Web.
Plex TwitchTV Install-Guide
- Download from here by clicking “Clone or Download” then “Download as ZIP”
- Extract the ZIP
- Rename TwitchMod.bundle-master to just TwitchMod.bundle
- Go to your Plex Plug-ins folder. If you don’t know where that folder is, this article may help.
- Move directory into the Plex Plug-ins folder
- Restart your Plex Media Server.
Voila! You now have Plex TwitchTV, as always be sure to..