Youtube is a great platform for sharing video, Plex is a great platform for watching video. Plex Youtube TV is a bridge between them, what could go wrong?
Plex Youtube TV is a great, great channel that bridges both Plex and Youtube together. As the title says, what can go wrong?
These are pulled from the Readme.md file in the channel download
- Much faster than original Plex YouTube plugin
- Full YouTube API v3 support
- Does not require Google login and password
- Navigation like YouTube Apps
- Pagination and regional settings
- Russian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, French, French (Belgium), Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish localization
- YouTube content localization by region preferences
- “Like” and “Watch later” video functions including edit function
- Videos and playlists from videos description
- Navigation by videos, playlists and channels from video description
- Update function
After playing around with this channel for quite along while, these features work amazingly. And there’s many more that you can find for yourself!
Unlike a lot of other YouTube interfaces.
So, should we get onto the Install Guide?
Ted Talks On Plex Install Guide
- Go to this link, click “latest release” then click “Download Source Code (zip)”
- Once downloaded extract into a temporary folder
- Press CTRL+R or navigate to run in your charms/search bar.
- Type in “%localappdata% and hit OK
- Find Plex Media Server
- Open that, then open the contained ‘Plug-In’s’ folder
- Move the folder that you extracted earlier into the Plug-In’s folder.
- There you have it, you now have Plex Youtube TV.
So, I think that Plex Youtube TV is a great, great client. I believe it does it’s job brilliantly, while offering features not even Youtube for Kodi can offer!
But, I’d like to know what you think, so mate sure you…