Youtube is a great platform for sharing video, Plex is a great platform for watching video. Plex Youtube TV is a bridge between them, what could go wrong?
Plex Youtube TV is a great, great channel that bridges both Plex and Youtube together. As the title says, what can go wrong?
These are pulled from the Readme.md file in the channel download
- Much faster than original Plex YouTube plugin
- Full YouTube API v3 support
- Does not require Google login and password
- Navigation like YouTube Apps
- Pagination and regional settings
- Russian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, French, French (Belgium), Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish localization
- YouTube content localization by region preferences
- “Like” and “Watch later” video functions including edit function
- Videos and playlists from videos description
- Navigation by videos, playlists and channels from video description
- Update function
After playing around with this channel for quite along while, these features work amazingly. And there’s many more that you can find for yourself!
Unlike a lot of other YouTube interfaces.
So, should we get onto the Install Guide?
Ted Talks On Plex Install Guide
- Go to this link, click “latest release” then click “Download Source Code (zip)”
- Once downloaded extract into a temporary folder
- Press CTRL+R or navigate to run in your charms/search bar.
- Type in “%localappdata% and hit OK
- Find Plex Media Server
- Open that, then open the contained ‘Plug-In’s’ folder
- Move the folder that you extracted earlier into the Plug-In’s folder.
- There you have it, you now have Plex Youtube TV.
So, I think that Plex Youtube TV is a great, great client. I believe it does it’s job brilliantly, while offering features not even Youtube for Kodi can offer!
But, I’d like to know what you think, so mate sure you…
Let us know what you think of the Channel on Twitter or Facebook! Be sure to Follow/Like us respectively for updates and news, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for weekly Plex News blasts. (Box on our homepage)