The Plexamp music player is a separate desktop-based software from the Plex development team that gives you a lightweight, smooth, and feature-packed music player.
Plexamp is a desktop based music player made for those users who use the Plex Media Server for music and audio purposes. The interface is a throwback to the old Winamp software, a popular Windows-only media player that made its debut TWENTY years ago.
If you have a heavy music library, you’ll want to download and give Plexamp a try today. It integrates nicely with your Plex Media Server to play any music filetype you can throw at it. Plexamp packs a whole bunch of nice features into just one single screen (and overlays).
- Windows + Mac OSX Support
- Library Stations – Start a station of music that seamlessly blends genres and songs together from one to the next.
- Time Travel Radio – Sorts your music by year so that you get a time-travelling playback through your library.
- Gapless Playback – Seamlessly transition between music, handy for live albums or gapless albums.
- Special Visualizers – Customized to the colours of album artwork.
- Loudness Levelling & Smart Transitions – Don’t worry about playing songs with different volume levels because the software smooths everything out for you.
- Plex Companion Support – Can remote control other Plex Players and can be remotely controlled itself.
- Hotkeys – Control your media playback with quick keyboard shortcuts
- Waveform Seeking – Easily see a visual representation of your track, allowing you to skip to a desired part of the song (or past the silence between end of track and start of bonus track)
Overall, Plexamp gives you a lightweight, clean, and functional music player that is well worth checking out .
The release of this music player coincides with the unveiling of a new Plex Labs sub-section, which focuses on showing off some special beta features and extensions for Plex.